Friday, June 01, 2007

Two Quotes From "Crazy" Women

First off- its June, whore-ay. Humidity is upon us and that means my hair will suck. Oh well... I'm also trying to post a new story once a week- but for now...

I read today that Tammy Faye has given up her ten year battle with Cancer and is in pain 100% of the time. Now back to me- I have been in extreme pain and unable to walk in the past so I can not imagine what THAT kind of pain is like and only hope she has some good weed and painkillers on hand (because holy water won't do much for nausea and pain). If I were a praying person (OK fine I sort of pray every night- its more like a meditation thing and I will never speak of it again) I would pray she goes in her sleep and free from pain- I really mean that and there is no snarkiness intended. I saw "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" and it shed a whole new light on her. Anyway she offered up this gem

"Today I want you to remember: You can't go forward, looking in the rear view mirror, yesterday is gone, you cannot put a broken egg back together again so don't spend your energy trying." – Tammy Faye


Another quote going around in my head lately is from America's favorite former socialite turned reclusive cat lady, Big Edie Beale. Yes Big Edie, not the scarf wearing fabulously delusional dancing little Edie.

When Little Edie complains about being "given" the chance to do things Big Edie bites back with

"Everything is great that you didn't do..."- Big Edie


Too True. Which proves these woman were intelligent, aware, and ahead of their time- just a little misunderstood and with a love of raccoons, cats, and squalor to boot.

Anyway... ENJOY!

No comments: