Monday, October 02, 2006

Tyra Dearest... My guilty pleasure

I am sorry but I had to share this--

Ok, ok, I am late in my viewing of my guiltiest pleasure America's Next Top Model.(Its so awful but whatever, I watch it ok) I know they air on Wednesday but I have class that night, no TiVo, no VCR, "no studio, no contract.... I don't know what I'm gonna do!". Therefore I have to catch my weekly dose of screaming at skinny bitches that can't hear me on Champaign Sundays. Last night was my ANTM group's first meeting of the minds as we all agreed to hold off, no sneak peeks and watch it's repeat on Sundays- I am so lucky to have such great friends.


Anyway we had the usual debate on whether or not the girls are lame (always are at first until the editors really get going) if this season will suck (dumb question- all "cycles" suck -but I still watch) and where the hell Shandi is (you know the legally blind, cheating ho' who was spotted working at Walgreens in the city and then was the 311 girl). It's my version of watching Sunday football, but it's girls in gowns crying not men in tight pants sacking each other (although that can be fun too). Everyone just be glad I have something to yell at on TV and it's not them.

This week I was delighted to no end by Tyra herself, the woman I love to hate. She appeared at the judging in some ren-fair outfit complete with corset (covering her donut eating 175lb stomach) made of silk, velvet and of course- suede knee high boots. The best part- her hair and make up. The woman (can I call her that?) looked like freaking Mommy Dearest - not Joan Crawford herself, but Faye Dunaway's version of Joan in the 1981 classic "Mommy Dearest". I mean seriously, that crazy wig she has been wearing that is all over styled and stiff as a board combined with her false lashes and clown make up, what is she thinking! It was just CRAZY FUNNY, so funny I tipped over my champaign and wasted perfectly good alcohol I was laughing so hard ( yeah its been a rough week and I needed a laugh, thanks Tyra).

Take a look for yourself (enjoy that dramatic music- oh and the shots from that shitty shoot- my god this show is ridiculous). You have to copy and paste the link, the damn thing isn't working...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=96Gm2bolOcQ

I love that the 'judging' is taking place in that hotel in downtown Los Angeles with the revolving restaurant on top. This is that same famed hotel that was in Blade Runner and the show " It's a Living" was based on (coincidentally I have had overpriced drinks there served in novelty glasses you can keep). It is just pure comedy.

I also love that the prize has been downgraded to a cover of Seventeen Magazine . No more Guile Bensemon (sp,I know) and Elle magazine. I guess Hearst publications got wise to the fact that these girls will never work again.

No comments: